Saturday, October 10, 2015

When Kacang Melupakan Kulit.....

It's been a see saw week and it ended pretty much as i have expected it to happen. Seen it coming 3 months or so before but there is nothing i could do. Lessons i learn in these testing time:

Always trust my instinct and gut feeling. 
It has served me well in most cases and this time i actually ignored it and it really hurts....

A leopard never changes its stripes
A massive miscalculation on my side to think that people do change for the better

Honesty is never always the best policy
Being too honest and direct is no match for ball polishing and being sneaky. Not to say i should be ball polishing or being sneaky

Trust is a limited commodity
Learning this the hard way that being to trusting is not the way to go.

Betrayal is always a doorstep away
This is the most bitter of all lessons.  

When you have given it your all from the beginning and to be on the receiving on the wrong end, broken promises, and being used by others for their own selfish means, it really hurts, it does. The pain of betrayal pierces me like a sword through the gut. Where have i gone wrong? Am i too naive and too trusting or I am just too inexperienced to handle these situations? 

All the promises of support and assurances disappear into thin air.....

My contributions being belittled....

My failures picked upon......

while others benefit from my ideas.....

while others get away with mistakes and failures.....

while others received huge rewards on minute contributions or on false pretenses...

It's been a while that i have faced this testing and severe challenge. Will i get over this and move on? Will i rise to the occasion and make the right choices? 

So at least for now a mask i shall wear and a heart of stone i have to become. Learn from this lessons i must and in the future to fail i must not. 

I always tell myself I am 33 and i have a long way to go. Dig Deep for the strength to carry on. Not for my sake but for my family. My dearest wife and my dearest son.

No comments: